Sunday, June 3, 2007

my mama, she's a gem and a beauty...

She even got an award last month called the "Crystal Apple" award from the Roseburg Public School System. Quite the honor if you ask me or any other teacher in the Roseburg area! The coolest part of it all, is that she got the prized apple and a very special speech written by her principal, just a few short weeks before her official retirement from 32 years of service to the district on June 9th! Woohoo, what a way to go out! Congratulations mama, you inspire me to greater feats in ways you can't even imagine, I admire you so much! Check out a few pics in this album of all of her loved ones showing up (as a surprise, we all snuck in the back and waited for her to be announced, before making ourselves known with big hoots and hollars) for the deeming of June as the "Crystal Apple" of the Roseburg School District.

Mom's Crystal Apple 5.9.07

2 comments:

Mimi's Makin's said...

Thanks Krystal, I think you're quite the gem too! Mom Bug

Kia Gregory said...

Oh Krystal, how I love your Mama June. She's so cute! You two share the same twinkle in your eyes and your smiles...