Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thoughts on Pride, Fear, Humility and Courage...

I'm loving this new blog I'm following for women, called (In)Courage http://www.incourage.me/. It features multiple women sharing their "I'm a real live gal, just livin' real life one day at a time, Jesus-style" stories.
Today's post totally spoke to the heart of this OCD-perfectionist-who also tends strongly towards fear and anxiety-since-birth (of which I used to be in denial of, or at least desiring to cover it so no one else would know about it...and now just acknowledge my need for my Savior to cover this prideful weakness on a moment-by-moment basis.)
I'll give you a glimpse of a couple of this blog-author's (Ann Voskamp) quotes and then pass on the link of this particular post "Only the Lowly", if it seems to tug at your heart strings as well...

"It’s only pride's hunger for perfection that paralyzes a heart, keeps us enslaved to fear."

"Jesus didn’t find courage for the Cross in the pride of who He was or bold illusions of self-sufficiency. He didn’t find Calvary courage by pulling himself up by the bootstraps of self-confidence and self-determination. Jesus found the greatest courage of all in the lowest place of all: “he humbled himself and became obedient to death – even death on a cross” (Phil. 2:8)."

"Courage lives in the heart of the lowly... those who can embrace humility and the possibility of imperfection ... because that needy place is where God meets us."

For the rest...
http://www.incourage.me/2009/08/only-the-lowly.html

2 comments:

Mama Amy said...

Thanks for sharing! and LOVE the lil hula girl pic!!! Super beautiful.

Simone said...

Love Anna all Aloha! That is so cute! Nice blog background too!

I love keeping connected with you via our blogs. :)