Saturday, October 7, 2006

a few of the last pics...

Good and sad news today...the 2nd of our two digital cameras died. So we are without a camera to follow the rest of our home-building project until God sees fit to provide.
So the good news (interesting timing for the camera to die)...is that we actually started doing framing work of the exterior walls of our OWN home today!! Eli actually put me as the lead of the team working on it. Can you all believe it? I can't, from incompetent, clueless, just give me simple directions and I'll follow them, to the lead of the project. After I left Will said a volunteer that was working with my team even said I really knew what I was doing. I even used the nail gun the whole day! So it was a success of a day on the worksite and here are some faded-out pics (we think the lens is dying or something of the sort) to prove it...

Eli giving the team instructions for the day...

Me having my 2-hour (felt like it) course on how to properly angle the nail gun to make your "nail count". We don't want to waste a single one...

Me having to hand over the nail gun for another lesson...


Me getting a pep talk from Pa (Paul Glazner, who was told he could be my father from the way we looked alike)... He and Will pumped out some serious trusses today and 3 of the houses are fully trussed and 2 of them are ready for roofers to come take over. Yeah! Projected finish date from Umpqua CDC, MARCH 2007. Yikes, we'll see about that and just pray for God's perfect timing on it all.
P.S. Please pray for one of our families in the group, the project has taken a toll on their marriage and the husband is leaving the wife and their daughter, to do life and house-building on her own now. So sad. Don't we just all need Jesus so desperately? So, I'll be just filling you all in with written updates now since the camera is out of commission. Pray for God to provide there too, it's just one of our wants to help capture the moments of life, not needs, but we know God cares about every detail and wants us to bring them all to Him. Much Aloha, W & K Posted by Picasa

No comments: