Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Love for the Father...


I am loving watching this lil bug admire, gape in awe of,
laugh her head off with and gasp with excitement
when her daddy enters the room from a long day of work.
And she's exactly the same way when her pop-pop is anywhere near her in the house.
Just vying for his attention...babbling, squealing, just to get him to look her way.
She just wants him to know that she is there and desperately wants his admiration in return.

And I was thinking today, is this how I desire to be in the presence of my Heavenly Father? Craning my neck around my high chair (or big girl chair now),
to desperately peek in the adjacent room to get the reminder that He knows that I'm here still?
Dying to just be in position so that He'll have to stumble over me when He walks into the room, just so I can sit in the same room as Him?
Playing chase and squealing in absolute delight, simply enjoying His existence in my life?

Or am I too busy, just being a grown-up girl, and going on with the "necessities" of life
to even remember I have a Father who wants that
exact same simplicity and ecstatic joy of this pure relationship with me too??

We're those same little girls still, you know?
Just in big girl bodies now.
And then I remembered, He's still there.
He always has been.
Just waiting for me to come partake in the delight and joy He takes in my presence too.

2 comments:

Mama Amy said...

That is awesome! The Lord teaches us precious things through our precious little ones.

Simone said...

We're those same little girls still, you know?
Just in big girl bodies now.
And then I remembered, He's still there.
He always has been.
Just waiting for me to come partake in the delight and joy He takes in my presence too.

MORE tears to the eyes, from this part. Amazing.