Friday, February 8, 2008

We'd like to introduce...

Our active wee Irwin (this little one was quite the squirmy one with those little stubs and head bobs, measuring in at a whopping 2.6cm with a rapid heart rate of 179bpm. Alive and well is this wee one! Will thinks the babe was already doing warmups for a basketball game.)

I think this has now caused me to finally hit the reality button, that YES I am pregnant and I can now officially get REALLY excited. I'm a cautious one, so to fully enter into the reality and joy of it all was hard for me while we were in the elusive state of the unknown of what was really going on inside me. I often wondered if we were just making this whole thing up and someday the midwife would tell us it really wasn't true, we were just being wishful! ha! Here's a perfect picture of how I'd been feeling until Wednesday...The other thing I felt through this ultrasound experience was the absolute awe and wonder of what we were getting a glimpse of. I told Will that I felt like I was getting a peek at what only God should be seeing. His private workings of knitting and weaving are so mysterious and miraculous. But man did I feel blessed to see it, even if it did feel almost crazy to be able to do it! So here is our little sweet pea everyone, the little blob of love with stubs that we are already so endeared to...
4-D version above (thank you Kris :)), 3-D below...

Praising God for this miraculous creation, Daddy Will & Mama Krystal.

Psalm 139:13-17...You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous-and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable!

3 comments:

Mama in Uganda said...

I absolutely love that verse. Oh, the wonder of it all. These precious little ones that the Lord entrusts us with. May we be worhty to the calling. Love you!

Serenity said...

Eek!! I'm so excited to come down to visit! Just a few more days! I love the pictures, thanks for keeping us updated.

Kia Gregory said...

Wow, haven't check on you two in a while. Little Irwin seems to be coming along just fine!